Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Direction of this Blog

There are few different things I hope to do with this blog over the next couple of months.  My primary concern is for the spiritual well-being of the parishioners who have been entrusted to me, so most entries will be geared directly toward them and their needs, while at the same time attempting to add a more universal element for the greater readership of this blog (both of you!).  To accomplish this, I will periodically post homilies, or parts of homilies, as you see below, as well as a few other segments which I hope will serve to enhance the content of this blog and to edify its readers.  These segments will most likely include a forum in which parishioners and readers can ask questions about a variety of topics (general Theology, Canon Law, Catholic traditions, the Liturgy, etc.) and have them answered and posted for the edification of all, as well as tidbits about various feasts, liturgical curiosities, etc.

My hope for this blog is that it will be a place of inspiration as well as information, that those who read and follow along will grow in their Faith and a love of Christ.  This will be a site where curiosity is encouraged, and where knowledge and appreciation for the Catholic Faith may be enhanced.

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, that bigotry, hatred towards the Faith, ad hominem attacks, and the like will not be tolerated.  To prevent this from happening, I will not open up my posts to comments.  If people have questions, they can email them to me directly.

With all that in mind, I pray that all who read this blog may be touched by the Grace of God, and that his abundant blessings be poured out upon all of you!